Continuous Improvement – Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is a project management tool that is data-driven and can be used as part of driving the continuous improvement program within an organisation or business to manage change.
What is Lean?
Lean is a systematic approach that can be used to reduce or eliminate business activities or events that do not add value to the process. It helps with removing wasteful steps in a process and taking only value-added steps. The Lean method results in high-quality output and customer satisfaction.
Lean helps with:
- decreasing process cycle time,
- improving product or service delivery time,
- reducing or eliminating the chance of defect initiation,
- reducing the inventory levels and
- optimizing resources.
- A never-ending approach to waste removal, hence promoting continuous improvements.
The five principles of Lean are:
- identify customers and define value (customer perspective)
- Map the value stream
- Make the process flow to the customer
- Appreciate pull based on customer demand
- Work towards continuous improvement (strive towards perfection)
What is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data-driven problem-solving methodology. It focuses on process variations and customer satisfaction. The goal is continuous process improvement with low defects. The aim of Six Sigma is to make a process effective and at best, defect-free.
Six Sigma is a systematic problem-solving methodology. Problem-solving in Six Sigma is carried out using the DMAIC framework.
The five-step DMAIC process are:
- Define: What is the problem?
- Measure: How big is the problem?
- Analyse: What is causing the problem?
- Improve: How are we going to fix the problem?
- Control: How do we make sure it stays fixed?
Lean Six Sigma courses
MM CONSULTING NZ is a partner with International Lean Six Sigma Institute, providing accredited and internationally recognised Lean Six Sigma courses, including exams in New Zealand, Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. If you are interested to be a certified Lean Six Sigma Practitioner to complete one of the Lean Six Sigma training courses either Yelllowbelt or Greenbelt. Contact us. More info: Certified Online Lean Six Sigma Training Course.